Please support us by turning off your Ad Blocker for this site.
Welcome to the Easy2Boot (E2B) website
Easy2Boot is downloaded from this site over 3000 times every day (also available from MajorGeeks) - have you tried it yet?
New! 120-page PDF eB ook (complete course on making a multiboot USB drive).
Live Chat is often available on this site for help with any problems.
Want to do it all from just one USB drive?
Then why not use what the 'Techies' use?
- The E2B download is now a Windows self-extracting .exe executable (a .zip file is provided for linux users) - you can now make an NTFS multiboot USB drive with just a few mouse clicks. Make an E2B USB drive using Windows or linux (portable - no installation to Windows required).
- UEFI-booting (incl. Secure Boot) is possible by converting payloads to .imgPTN files.
- USB Flash drives (and USB HDD\SSD drives with some workarounds) are supported (NTFS is recommended).
- Approx. 2000 new E2B USB drives are made every day!
- You should never need to reformat your E2B USB drive again, even if you update to the E2B latest version.
- Easy to maintain - just copy over your ISOs/files (or delete them), a new menu is automatically created each time you boot.
- Directly boots .ISO, .IMA, .IMG, .VHD, .VHDX, .WIM, WinBuilder WinPE ISOs, Windows Install ISOs and many more types.
- Over 300 different types of ISOs and payload files supported.
- Generic - unlike other solutions, there is no need to update E2B when a new version of a linux distro is released
- Multiple linux ISOs+Persistence possible (via .mnu menu files) - persistence files larger than 4GB supported!
- Add images of other single-partition bootable USB drives (e.g. images of USB drives made using Rufus, WinsetupFromUSB, YUMI, XBOOT, DOS USB, etc.)
- 15+ languages for the E2B menu system. Press F1 in the E2B Menu for help.
- Use E2B for unattended Windows installs (drivers+apps+updates+Microsoft Windows Install ISO file) by using the SDI_CHOCO feature - when a new version of Windows is released, simply add the new ISO!
- Use the MPI Tool Pack to make .imgPTN files for MBR+UEFI booting (supports Secure Boot).
- Interested in USB booting? - visit www.rmprepusb.com for over 140 Tutorials!
Make an E2B drive
Press F1 in the E2B Menu for help.
Think this site is a MESS?
Don't like the messy layout and all the annoying ads on this site?
E2B is free, but anyone who makes a donation of £5 or more (or equivalent in bitcoins, or if you report a bug) will be emailed a URL which loads the E2B and RMPrepUSB website pages quicker, has much fewer adverts per page and a much neater format (see this page for an example of the simpler web page format). If you donate £10 or more, you even get a free licence for XMLtoE2B.exe too (just ask me for it when you donate)!
Full E2B feature list
- Use the large red Make E2B Drive button in Make_E2B GUI to quickly make an NTFS E2B drive (recommended).
- Make an E2B USB drive using Windows or linux (portable - no installation to Windows required).
- Removable-type USB Flash drives supported (and USB Fixed Disks but extra steps are required for some payloads).
- E2B supports FAT32, NTFS (recommended & default), ExFAT (and limited ext2/3/4) USB boot drives.
- Just copy over your ISO files (or delete them), a new menu is automatically created each time you boot. Add or remove any payload just by copying or deleting the file from the USB drive - no menu to edit, no app. needed - no need to remake it every month/week/day!
- Boot from 100's of different ISOs and images (just copy them onto the USB drive!) - over 300 different types supported.
- Add 100's of All-In-One Windows Install ISOs (convert to .imgPTN files using the Windows MPI Tool Kit).
- Add 100's of UEFI-images (e.g. Windows/Linux/KonBoot/Utilities) using .imgPTN files.
- Add 100's of full linux and WindowsToGo installations.
- Add 100's of different linux liveCD ISOs each with persistence (>4GB persistence on NTFS is supported using ext2/3/4).
- Boot directly from Windows .VHD and .WIM files - just copy them over.
- Add images of other single-partition bootable USB drives (e.g. Rufus, WinsetupFromUSB, YUMI, XBOOT, etc.).
- 15+ languages for the E2B menu system (you can add your own language too).
- Secure UEFI-booting is supported by using .imgPTN files.
- Easily create fully automated Windows 7/8/10 unattend.XML files for booting from unmodified Windows Install ISO's (XMLtoE2B).
- Use for unattended Windows installs (drivers+apps+updates+unchanged Windows Install ISO file) (SDI_CHOCO feature).
- Offline unattended Windows installs (drivers+apps+updates+Windows ISO) using Chocolatey offline packages (no need to create your own app install packages).
- Update to the latest E2B version in a few seconds - no need to reformat the USB drive ever! Updating E2B to the latest version does not change your configuration.
- Fully configurable - change wallpaper, menus entries, menu, font, behaviour, add password protection, PIN code each month, etc.
- Original linux ISO boot menu is shown - it's the same menu you get when booting from the linux CD (live, install, safe mode, memtest, etc. menu options).
- User configurable and fully documented - you can change the background wallpaper, headings and text colours, move the menu position, make your own sub-menus, make it beep when the menu loads, add your own GFXBoot menu, change menu font, use UTF-8 non-ASCII characters in the menus, define your own hotkeys, add your own language versions, etc. etc.
- Variety of example 'skins'/themes included.
- Compatible with FlashBoot (uses FAT32 for booting very old systems that have trouble booting from USB due to non-standard USB BIOS boot support).
- Can boot some linux liveCD ISOs even if they are not contiguous or write-protected (ISOBOOT feature).
- Hide some payloads so only you can boot from them.
- Guest Menu - password protect the full menu so other users will only see a 'Guest menu' when they boot from the E2B drive.
- Can use a USB Hard disk with one or more partitions and still UEFI boot (even if they are all NTFS partitions) - no complex GPT partitions needed.
- UEFI boot to an NTFS partition (via Clover + first FAT32 ptn).
- Also supports dual .imgPTN partition images - e.g. FAT32 + NTFS, or FAT32+ext3.
- Supports multiple UEFI secure-boot payloads.
- Includes Holmes.Sherlock's PassPass for E2B to bypass Windows password entry (XP to Win10) and automated UtilMan Windows hack.
- Easily configurable using a \_ISO\MyE2B.cfg file.
- Design a custom menu using E2B_Editor.exe.
- Customise individual menu entries and each item's help text using TXT_Maker.exe.
- Compatible with Zalman ZM-VE200/350/500, IODD 2531/2541, etc. (Virtual CD)
- Add a grub2 menu system and then UEFI-boot to linux ISOs that do not normally support UEFI-booting!
- WinBuilder ISO boot support (must keep extension as .ISO) (v1.90+)
- Set the \menu.lst attribute as Hidden and then run UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.cmd to hide files in root
- NTFS supported under linux as well as FAT32 - use udefrag to make NTFS files contiguous (v1.85+).
- Supports animations, stamps and large fonts (v1.79+).
- Windows utility SWITCH_E2B.exe allows you to switch to any .imgPTN file from Windows - no need to MBR-boot first.
- Keep a 'Master Copy' of E2B+payload files on your Windows system and make more fully loaded E2B drives or 'clone' your E2B drive
- 30 things I bet you didn't know about E2B!
- Easy2Boot YouTube videos here.
- Help from the author of E2B (me) is often available (look for the Live Chat icon on each page).
- To receive news, 'How To's' and updates, subscribe to my blog.
Are you new to Easy2Boot?
Easy2Boot is a FREE collection of grub4dos scripts which are copied onto a grub4dos-bootable USB drive. Each time you boot, the E2B scripts automatically find all the payload files (.ISO, .IMA, .BIN, .IMG, etc.) on the USB drive and dynamically generate the menus. Each file is run depending on its file extension.
- Watch the v ideos, then use the Tabs at the side of this website.
- Start with the 'Make a USB drive' page, then go to the 'Add Payload Files' page.
- Always use the Site Map to find what you want.
- 'Create Multi Windows USB Installer' YouTube video by Britec here (old method).
- E2B demo preview YouTube video by Alvaro (includes UEFI demo here).
- You can find a list of Easy2Boot Tutorials on my blog page
Easy to maintain, delete or update
How to add all your ISO (and other) files:
- Copy each bootable ISO/payload file into a suitable menu folder on the E2B USB drive (e.g. \_ISO\WINDOWS\WIN10 or \_ISO\LINUX) - no extra applications required.
- Make all files contiguous (if required), e.g. double-click on \Make_This_Drive_Contiguous.cmd on the USB drive (or run the linux defragfs or udefrag command from \_ISO\docs\linux_utils folder). See here.
- Boot to the E2B menu and pick your ISO or payload file from the appropriate menu.
- To remove an ISO file, just delete it from the E2B drive.
Click here for a list of over 300 types of ISOs and other payload files that work with Easy2Boot (includes UEFI booting using .imgPTN files).
Menu Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Chinese, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese (and Arabic menu text only). New languages can be easily made and added (including Persian, Urdu, Hebrew and other right-to-left languages).
More about Easy2Boot
Read How Easy2Boot works (recommended if you want to get the best out of E2B).
Easy2Boot is FREE! - but please consider making a small donation to support this site and my work, it would be much appreciated!
Real comments from real users
- Easy2Boot is indeed a master piece. I have tried them all but none is close enough to Easy2boot. (see comments)
- 'Easy2Boot is one of those incredibly useful tools that once you use it, you can’t imagine living without it.' - Gary Danton's E2B installation guide.
- 'I have tried YUMI, Sardu and others, this one just does it all.' (see comments)
- 'In short, Easy2Boot is by-far the best USB drive creation tool/utility out there'
- 'This is one tool that every techie should have!'
- 'Really, seriously, and truly, just use Easy2Boot.'
- 'I wish I had this utility years ago. RMPrepUSB and Easy2Boot have changed the way I do my job. Other solutions gave me problems. Easy2Boot is the first fully-working solution !
- 'E2B wins hands down no question. Can't find anything else that can handle that many ISO's'
- Went to YouTube and started with Steve's latest tutorials. Wow, I was soon cooking just after the first one, but the latest three tutorials have shown me virtually everything I need for my purposes. Fantastic app., really love the QEMU emulator which lets me test without rebooting. Also like the diagnostics and backup/restore functions. No offense to the apps. I deleted (Sardu, Yumi, XBoot); but for me, RMPrepusb/Easy2Boot is the answer to my needs.