Hack into Windows using UtilMan.exe or SetHC.exe
- E2B must be on a Removable USB Flash drive (or E2B USB HDD + WinHelper Flash drive).
- Optional - Standard Microsoft Windows 10 Home or Professional Install ISO in \_ISO\WINDOWS\WIN10 folder (not AIO ISO)
- Target Windows OS must have OS files in \Windows folder (Vista/7/8/10).
Note: The XML files contain a Windows Home generic Product Key - if you see a 'licence error' message, copy the file and edit it so that it contains a generic product key which matches your particular Windows ISO.
Boot to WinPE without needing any ISO
If you have want to hack a Windows 8 or 10 system, you do not even need a WinPE payload on the E2B drive!
We can boot to the WinPE Recovery .wim file to boot to WinPE - it should already be on the Windows system disk.
1. Copy \_ISO\docs\Sample mnu files\Windows\Boot_Recovery_WIM.mnu to the \_ISO\MAINMENU folder
2. Boot to E2B and run the 'Boot to Windows Recovery' menu option. If there is more than one Windows OS, any one will do.
If the system is set to UEFI-boot only, you will need to change the BIOS settings.
3. Pick the correct Recovery option to get to the Command console (this varies depending on Windows version).
4. Run \_ISO\docs\UtilMan\Utilman1PE_Patch.cmd from the E2B USB drive
Note that this will patch ALL Windows OS's on all disks in the system.
5. Now you can boot to Windows and use the SHIFT+F10 and run 2.cmd as detailed above
6. To undo the changes, boot to Windows and use the SHIFT+F10 and run 3.cmd as detailed above
7. Finally, boot to the Recovery WinPE console again and run \_ISO\docs\UtilMan\UtilMan4PE_Restore.cmd to tidy up.
Note: A Windows 8.1 or compatible version of bootmgr is needed. E2B will warn you if it is missing.
"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in." "User profile can not be loaded"
If you've encountered the 'User Profile Service failed the logon' error in Windows 10, copy the 'C:\Users\Default' folder from a second, non-problematic PC over to your problem PC using a USB drive and copy it to the same location. Rename the existing folder on your problem PC to something else first, just in case you ever need to revert back for any reason.
Tip: To access the 'Default' folder on your second PC you'll need to turn on hidden files by clicking 'View' in the folder toolbar and selecting 'Hidden items'.