Topic: Easy2Boot

Date 13/11/2018

By FL99

Subject Remastered Lubuntu doesn't boot

Hello, and thanks for this great tool!

What I want to do is this: add three or four Linux ISOs and make an Easy2Boot USB drive, make an ISO of the whole thing using RMPrepUsb, and then burn it to DVD. I have added two regular downloaded-from-the-website *buntu ISOs, and a Remastered version of Lubuntu (made using Pinguy Builder) in which I have added LibreOffice. This Remastered Lubuntu ISO alone boots in VirtualBox and directly on the computer, but when I add it to E2B and make an ISO of the E2B USB (to burn to DVD) and try to boot the Remastered Lubuntu by testing it in VirtualBox, I get a Kernel Panic.

E2B first tries to ISOBOOT the Remastered Lubuntu using ISO Cheat Codes, fails saying "Error: No initrd file found!", asks to "Press a key to boot..." to which I press the down arrow, a whole lot of text goes by as it tries to boot and then finally stops with the message: "---[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0,0)". This same Remastered Lubuntu boots otherwise, only not in E2B.

Please help. I'm a noob in such matters.

Back