Topic: Easy2Boot

Date 20/11/2018

By FL99

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Remastered Lubuntu doesn't boot

Sorry to bug you again, and maybe I am just typing what I typed earlier, but the problem I face is that the Remastered ISO only boots if the media is not write-protected. If I add the Remastered Lubuntu to a USB drive, reboot, and try to boot the Remastered Lubuntu normally, the regular way Easy2Boot boots it, it works fine. If however, I press the Shift key when selecting the ISO, it is not able to boot it.

If I try to boot it with the Shift key, first E2B asks whether to change the extension, then gives a screen with a huge list of options one of which has to be typed, and if I select the first option to just boot it, a lot of text goes by and finally it ends in kernel panic - "Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0,0)". But if at the E2B options screen where it asks how to boot the ISO, I select the option to load the entire ISO to RAM, then it loads the ISO to RAM and boots fine.

The problem I think is because of the media being write-protected. Is there any simple workaround for this?

Back