Topic: Easy2Boot

Date 25/01/2019

By C.F.

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to restore E2B partition after switching to .imgPTN file

I checked my BIOS settings again. My Bios has only 2 options (concerning boot style): Legacy (only) and UEFI (only). So I dont have any option on how to boot the stick in the boot menu (like UEFI USB Stick: SanDisk... / USB Stick: SanDisk...) And since my local OS is MBR-installed, Legacy (only) is the choosen setting.
If I switch to an imgPTN Partition, the first time I boot I get the CSM menu. After I have booted the imgPTN-Payload once (Legacy-Mode, ofc.), my Notebook boots the payload immediately. This doesn't happen if I rename or delete the EFI folder. If I do that, it always boots to the CSM menu. I guess that means: buggy bios confirmed.
So I can't use the imgPTN-trick for uefi-booting (and switching back easily) with my notebook, but that's not realy a problem since I can totally live with Legacy-only booting. The only payload I wanna use on a daily basis that isn't bootable as a simple ISO is also fully functional when booted in Legacy-mode, so I will just delete its EFI-folder and use it this way.

Thanks again for the really fast and qualified help.

I still have one question: You wrote that I shouldn't set USB boot as the default option, but use the boot-menu-hotkey instead. Is there any technical difference between this two options ? If yes, what exactly ?

Back