This page has a different format from the other site pages and has hardly any adverts. You can view all pages like this (on  both www.easy2boot.com and www.rmprepusb.com sites) when you donate £5/$8 (English GBP/US Dollars) or more, or buy any of the E2B eBooks. You can also read and subscribe to my blog here.

Blog        The E2B site has 150 pages of information!

E2B Users Forum

E2B eBooks are available for detailed instructions and Exercises (eBook #1 also contains instructions on how to remove the blue-screen startup banner).

If you would like help from me (Steve Si) or other E2B users, or would like to offer help and advice to others, please post in this forum.

You will need to check this page regularly for replies or add this page's URL to a page change ch ecker.

Alternatively, post on the Easy2Boot discussion page on reboot.pro here - register and subscribe to any threads that interest you or post a new topic.

You can use the E2B Live Chat Help pop-up icon on this site (you must enable browser pop-ups) - if I am online, I will respond within a minute or so (if I am away from my desk, leave your email address and I will email you). For 1-to-1 email communication, use the Contact Me form and I will reply via email.

To post to this Forum, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'New comment' (use English please).

Also, you can read and subscribe to my blog here.

Topic: Easy2Boot

Date 24/02/2020

By ms.1304

Subject Re: startup menu with windows 10

Sorry, I mean the created startup menu for agFM

Date 24/02/2020

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Re: startup menu with windows 10

You are supposed to edit the file. That is why it is called a 'sample' menu file.
P.S. File paths and names are CASE-SENSITIVE!
if it contains spaces - enclose with double-quotes "xxxxx".
Use Live Chat if you have problems.

Date 23/02/2020

By ofir

Subject Easy to boot don't work for me.

i did everything right opend the software pressed the big red button did everything files were coppied i press the test option and no menu appear even before i add files what could be the problem guys?

Date 23/02/2020

By Stevesi

Subject Re: Easy to boot don't work for me.

Compare the usb drive contents with the download folder contents on the desktop.if same then try a different usb drive.

Date 23/02/2020

By ofir

Subject Re: Re: Easy to boot don't work for me.

there pretty much the same i think except the exe file that create the disk on key.tried to copy that folder to the disk on key did not work.this is a brand new 128GB disk on key SanDisk Ultra Dual USB 3.1 Type-C 128GB SDDDC3-128G-G46 i don't see a reason to replace it.

Date 23/02/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Re: Easy to boot don't work for me.

You mean that you dont have ANY other USB drive that you can just try? Or none of your friends have a USB drive that you can borrow for 30 minutes?
E2B is downloaded 2000 times a day and no one else has this problem. So this issue is either with your USB drive or your system. Since it is a brand new flash drive, I suggest you test it using FakeFlashTest to see if it is a fake?

Date 23/02/2020

By ofir

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Easy to boot don't work for me.

i bought it from an official computer store not ebay or alliexspress it is not fake.

Date 23/02/2020

By ofir

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Easy to boot don't work for me.

the question what is the problem? is it the drive size?

Date 23/02/2020

By ofir

ok tried a diffrent disk on key sandisk cruzer fit 32GB i had acronis media on it so i know it works in boot and it still does not work in easy to boot test.

Date 23/02/2020

By ofir

ok this disk on key does work exctually.

Date 22/02/2020

By Rodney

Subject Hiren's Mini XP no keyboard or mouse

Howdy! I'm trying to get the keyboard and mouse in Hiren's Mini XP (Restored) with e2b. If I create a standalone image for Hiren's using Rufus, the keyboard and mouse work fine. I've tried creating an imgPTN file as well as changing the extention to both .isoWINVH and .isoHW as well. Anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Date 22/02/2020

By Rodney

Subject Re: Hiren's Mini XP no keyboard or mouse

My mistake, I didn't use Rufus on the working drive, I used the included utility that came with the Hiren's download, which was grub4dos.

Date 22/02/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Hiren's Mini XP no keyboard or mouse

Well, if you made a .imgPTN file then that boots using grub4dos and it should be the same.
Why not drag-and-drop the working Rufus drive letter onto the MPI_FAT32 Desktop shortcut to make a copy of the working Rufus installation?

Date 24/02/2020

By Rodney

Subject Re: Re: Re: Hiren's Mini XP no keyboard or mouse

Thanks Steve! I'll try your suggestion and let you know how it works out.

Date 18/02/2020

By Jason

Subject 2 menu entries for Dr. Web

I am new to Easy2Boot. I had been using YUMI for years, but thought I should try E2B since it's supposed to support secure boot. I have disabled secure boot for now and using CSM.
I also purchased the 3 ebooks.

I followed the instructions in ebook #1 for making Dr. Web persistent. Now, when I boot my E2B flash drive, I have 2 menu entries for Dr.Web under the Antivirus menu. The first entry one is using the ,mnu file. The second entry is using the iso name. Is this normal? How do I get rid of the 2nd entry. I have not tried booting the iso yet. Thanks.

Date 18/02/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: 2 menu entries for Dr. Web

Yes, that is normal.
Simply move both files to a sub-folder.
Make a \_ISO\ANTIVIRUS\MNU folder (any name will do), and place both files in there.
E2B will only enumerate payload files if they are in the main menu folders, but .mnu files can be placed in sub-folders.
See page 70 - About .mnu files.

Date 18/02/2020

By Jason

Subject Re: Re: 2 menu entries for Dr. Web

Gotcha! It's fixed. Thank you.
I just tested it several times. It was not saving the definitions or wifi password on restart. I decided to delete and recreate drweb-rw file. I moved it to the same folder as the ,mnu and .iso files.

The ebook says "SET PF=\drweb-rw", but the sample .mnu file says "SET PER=\drweb-rw.

The first time I used "PF"; this time I left it as "PER". It seems to be working now. I restarted and it shows the definitions are current and it even saved my wifi password, so I am already online.

I have set up Kaspersky, but haven't tested it yet. I will tomorrow. I used the method described on RMPrepUSB website.

I am going to attempt to set up Comodo next. Do I use the Kaspersky method (create a folder) or DrWeb method (create ext3)?

Date 18/02/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Re: 2 menu entries for Dr. Web

See 'List of tested ISOs\payloads (with instructions)' page on this site before you add any payload.

Date 18/02/2020

By Jason

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 menu entries for Dr. Web

I did. It is listed, but no instructions. there is no sample mnu file. I assume I just boot directly from the iso file. I guess it doesn't support persistent.

Also, need to update ebook #1 about DrWeb. SET PF is incorrect. the sample mnu file says SET PER

Date 18/02/2020

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 menu entries for Dr. Web

Ebook #1 is now updated. You can re-download using the link that was emailed to you.

Date 14/02/2020

By ms.1304

Subject Secure Boot Violation!

Hi,
idon't know if it's been noticed yet,
since WIN 10 1909 18363.657 booting from agFM is no longer possible: Secure Boot Violation!
Booting agFM is only possible if the UEFI BIOS is switched to another OS.
Note: I can no longer send an email to [email protected]
<[email protected]>: host mta-01.webnode.com [XXX.X.XXX.XX] said: 550 5.7.1
Blocked by SpamAssassin (in reply to end of DATA command)
I checked my IP for block list, negative.

Date 14/02/2020

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Secure Boot Violation!

Booting Win10 1909 in what form? Please explain the issue.
If you mean booting from an .ISO - then it is a known issue and you must use a .imgPTN file - see agFM page on this site.

Date 14/02/2020

By ms.1304

Subject Re: Re: Secure Boot Violation!

Boot WIN 10 1909 18363.657.imgPTN23 from partition 2, FAT32 on ASUS BOARD PRIME X370 PRO.
Before WINDOWS update it worked fine.
Tested on 2 PC

Date 14/02/2020

By ms.1304

It does not matter which file I want to boot. I select partition 2 (agFM) in the boot menu and Secure Boot Violation appears immediately!

Date 14/02/2020

By a1ive

"Microsoft has revoked Kaspersky vulnerable UEFI bootloader which could be used to circumvent Secure Boot. The update adds bootloader hash to dbx list, distributed via Windows Update."
https://twitter.com/ValdikSS/status/1228246175217864704?s=20

Date 14/02/2020

By ms.1304

Yes, Steve had written about that.
I didn't think Microsoft was gonna be so quick
is patched.
Thanks for the info

Date 14/02/2020

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Re: Re: Secure Boot Violation!

If you switch in a .imgPTN file or .imgPTN23 file and reboot, you can use the UEFI boot menu to select the first partition (Windows Install FAT32) and it Secure UEFI-boots to Windows setup OK.

Date 14/02/2020

By SteveSi

SpamAssasin doesn't like your email address - it thinks you are a spammer.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/SpamAssassin
I get email from other users...

Date 08/02/2020

By ms.1304

Subject Thanks

Hello,
i just want to say thank you to steve and a1ive.
I have installed Windows 10.imgPTN23 with E2B agFM v1.6 on a new Fujitsu Workstation, it's awesome.
(Support for Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is no longer possible on systems with 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i technology)
When I think about it, it is just a USB flash drive, unbelievable.
The development of E2B is rapid and Steve's support is fast; questions are answered competently within minutes or a solution is sought. No large software company offers this with expensive premium support. There you get answers like '' then that's the way it is'' or ''If you have done a Windows update, then contact Microsoft''. So many pages on easy2boot.com and rmprepusb.com, with instructions, tested isos etc.
eBooks with explanations, exercises and incredible knowledge, a tremendous job. I think Steve is a robot ;-)

Date 23/01/2020

By Oleh

Subject grub2 file managher

Which file should I run from the casper folder unpacked by drweb-live.iso via the Grub2 file manager?

Date 23/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: grub2 file managher

You should be able to select the ISO file and then boot to it using the partnew or Easy2Boot option.

Date 24/01/2020

By Oleh

Subject Re: Re: grub2 file manager

/ISO_Extract/drweb/readme.txt says
"Extract DrWeb ISO to drweb folder: e.g.
\ISO_Extract\drweb\casper\vmlinuz (etc.)"

Written in the file "Grub2_Payloads_Beta10.xls": "drweb (ext) ->>> extract iso to \ISO_Extract\drweb folder - only casper folder needed"

Need to extract the "casper" directory from the ISO image, or not?

Date 24/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Re: grub2 file manager

Your title of this post is 'grub2 file manager', which is described at https://www.easy2boot.com/uefi-mbr-a1ive-grub2-file-manager/
The instructions you are referring to are for the grub2 menu system which are described on https://www.easy2boot.com/uefi-grub2-ptn2/

These are two completely different things!

I recommend you use the latest UEFI method which is the a1ive grub2 File Manager and which can boot 99% of all Linux ISOs + Windows Install ISOs, + WIM files + VHD files + IMG files, etc. directly from the \_ISO\xxxx (or any) folder.

Date 24/01/2020

By Oleh

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: grub2 file manager

Many thanks! Now I understand everything!

Date 18/01/2020

By Me

Subject Error: No such device Error: Unknown filesystem

eNtering Rescue mode. Grub rescue
I don't How or whY this happened! I did add another 5 isos & ran wincontig. When I last used it it was Good. I'd rather not start again because it's got about 150 isos on a 128 GB Flash Dr. So it'll be painful reconstructing those isos contiguously. I've already looked on your Errors page... Please How 2 Fix this? & Thanx 4 a Handy Tool, Happy 2020 ;-)K

Date 18/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Error: No such device Error: Unknown filesystem

https://www.easy2boot.com/faq-/repair/

Date 18/01/2020

By Me

Subject Re: Re: Error: No such device Error: Unknown filesystem

Thanx Steve 4 your Help, that Worked 1st time, But after Successfully Booting just 1 of my 127 Linux isos, now when I Boot my E2B USB on 3 Different Laptops, everything works up 2 the Menu, I Select the iso & then press eNter... the Menu appears 2 Refresh, but nuthing happens, all that remains iz the Menu & of course I've tried other isos. Thanx again 4 your Help! ;-)K

Date 19/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Re: Error: No such device Error: Unknown filesystem

Check the file system is not corrupt (Windows - right-click - Properties - Tools).
Then run Update_E2B_Drive.cmd from the download or click on the Update E2B button.
Run WinContig on the drive (make contiguous) and test using QEMU_MENU_TEST (run a admin).cmd it should at least load the ISOs and start to boot to linux before failing due to 32-bit CPU or not enough memory).

Date 17/01/2020

By Oleh

Subject FYI: LMDE 3 "Cindy" - Cinnamon (64-bit) without persistence

LMDE 3 "Cindy" - Cinnamon (64-bit) is not working with .isopersist file extension.
Error: ISO file does not contain casper directory

Date 17/01/2020

By SteveSi

Subject Re: FYI: LMDE 3 "Cindy" - Cinnamon (64-bit) without persistence

Does this Debian version support the 'persistent' cheat code as a casper-rw volume?
Try using a .mnu file to see if it works.
I think it needs a special ext3 persistence file, volume name 'persistent' and needs to contain a live-persistence.conf file.
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=105155
So it is not suitable for .isopersist - you must use a .mnu file which has instructions for a debian persistence file.
https://rmprepusb.blogspot.com/2015/08/add-debian-live-iso-with-persistence-to.html

Date 16/01/2020

By Panos P

Subject imgptn coruption

Hi, i get all of my imgptn files corrupted after switching to any of them and back (sha1 mismatch). I have used different flashdrives on different pcs but still happening. Anyone else experiencing this?

Date 16/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: imgptn corruption

This is normal. When you boot to grub4dos, the CSM menu will update some files on the new partition to save a copy of the MBR, etc.
The image is not corrupted, just altered slightly.

Date 16/01/2020

By Panos P

Subject Re: Re: imgptn corruption

I thought so, but, for example, an imgptn windows installation fails during file copy, so something else (install.wim?) was altered (corrupted?)... I just noticed that the sha1 of an ISO file is not the same (do ISOs get updated too?)... Any hints?

Date 16/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Re: imgptn corruption

Some versions of E2B will alter the ISO so that it does not prompt the user to 'Press any key to boot from DVD'. Either that or you have a bad ISO or bad USB drive. Are you using E2V v1.B8?
re. .imgPTN, try using USB 2 port - could be corrupt wim file, bad flash drive or bad USB I/O data corruption.

Date 16/01/2020

By Panos P

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: imgptn corruption

v1.B7, anyway, thanks for the pointers, i will try with the usb 2 port and keep investigating. Thanks a lot!

Date 15/01/2020

By Alexander

Subject install error

Hi) I am using Easy2Boot_v1.B9a_Beta.zip
When i trying install win10(LTSC) Enterprise -
17763.107.101029-1455.rs5_release_svc_refresh_CLIENT_LTSC_EVAL_x64FRE_en-gb.iso
At first stage of installation i have this error message "windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms"
When i trying another keys i have this message "no image are available"
Can you help me?

Date 15/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: install error

If you use an XML file, use either the No Key XML or use the Choose a Key and then pick the correct key which must match the key used by that ISO.
However, it may be easier just to press ENTER after you select the ISO file when prompted to 'Press a key to run Setup\Repair' and it will run Setup as normal.

Date 16/01/2020

By Alexander

Subject Re: Re: install error

Thanks for quick reply!)

>If you use an XML file, use either the No Key XML or use the Choose a Key and then pick the correct key

I was try use all Enterprise keys from here
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys
https://pastebin.com/raw/MKAPepK9
No one help me

>it may be easier just to press ENTER after you select the ISO file when prompted to 'Press a key to run Setup\Repair'

I have new trouble message - "a media driver your computer needs is missing" at start install process

Date 16/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Re: install error

See FAQs
Did you see the blue console box appear when it booted? Did it load the ISO from the USB drive as a virtual DVD?
This usually indicates that Win10 Setup (WinPE) cannot access the USB drive because it does not have the correct USB drivers for your (new?) system. Try unplugging and re-connecting the USB drive into a USB 2 port or use a USB 2 extension cable.
Alternatively, use a later version of the ISO which may include the required USB 3 drivers for your system - OR - boot to a Windows 10 Retail 2019 Install ISO, run WinNTSetup.exe and install the LTSC ISO using that. https://www.easy2boot.com/add-payload-files/windows-install-isos/winntsetup/

Output from ProduKey after installation shows:
===
Product Name : Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 Evaluation
Product ID : 00425-10000-00000-AA840
Product Key : N7HMH-MK36Q-M4X93-76KQ2-6JHWR

Date 16/01/2020

By Aleander

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: install error

Thank you! Your serial is applied. Installation is starting. But at finish stage of installation i have error - "Windows Setup encountered an internal error while loading or searching for an unattend answer file" Its appear on two different official win10 ISOs.

Date 16/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: install error

I don't get any issue (I made and used a .key file with that key and the same ISO) and I have not heard of that before. Can you continue or does that stop the install? Any reason why your hardware would be different from everyone else? Write-protected USB? Using a VM? Strange PC or USB drive, etc?
Contact me via Online Chat if you need more help.

Date 16/01/2020

By Alexander

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: install error

I am send you message through contact form https://www.easy2boot.com/contact-us/

Date 17/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: install error

This appears to be due to a bug in v1.B8. It is fixed in E2B v1.B9b Beta.
https://rmprepusb.blogspot.com/2020/01/e2b-v1b9b-with-bugfix-for-unattend.html

Date 05/01/2020

By Starla

Subject A1ive's grubfm

Hi Steve! Very interesting article, thank you!
One question: I understand the benefits of grubfm for UEFI, but regarding Legacy, is there any functional advantage in using:
E2B>grubfm.iso>payload
versus just using
E2B>payload
Also, is loadfm file actually required in an E2B drive? (seems to be a renamed grldr)
Always thank you for expanding our minds.

Date 05/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: A1ive's grubfm

For MBR, E2B\grub4dos is best. In fact grubfm often calls grub4dos to do MBR stuff!
Since grubfm uses a file called 'loadfm' it needs to be included.

Date 31/12/2019

By Bryan

Subject eBooks

I have tried on 2 occasions now to purchase to purchase 4 eBooks with my Visa card. I put in the required info and then click 'purchase'. It asks me for my email address, but won't accept any typing in the required field.
Not sure what to do next.

Date 31/12/2019

By Steve Si

Subject Re: eBooks

1. Ensure pop-ups are enabled in your browser (do you see that Chat icon on RHS of this page? If so pop-ups are enabled).
2. Disable any Ad blocker (allow ads).
3. Try 'Incognito' mode in your browser.
4. Try a different browser or different system

Date 01/01/2020

By Bryan

Subject Re: Re: eBooks

Thanks Steve.
Enabling the pop-ups worked.
I downloaded 4 pdf files but when I call them up in FoxIt Reader the links don't seem to work.
Any ideas?

Date 01/01/2020

By Bryan

Subject Re: Re: Re: eBooks

I solved the problem.
Opened the 'pdf' file in Chrome and all is well.
Thanks Steve for your quick reply.

Date 01/01/2020

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: eBooks

Make sure your current cursor is in Hand tool mode before clicking the links. You can find the Hand tool under HOME menu in Foxit Reader.

Date 01/01/2020

By Bryan

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: eBooks

That works also.
I can't believe I couldn't figure that out.
Thanks

Date 19/12/2019

By Steve Si

Subject New IODD Mini SSD is now available

https://rmprepusb.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-iodd-mini-is-now-available.html

Date 14/12/2019

By Henning

Subject imgPTN grub unknown filesystem

I have got a ASROCK J4105M board with only UEFI possible. To change from an old BIOS only E2B USB-stick, first I installed the newest E2B version. Then I have deleted the 2nd partition on the stick and resized the first and added 2nd partition with 4GB. I have formated this with FAT32 an copied hirens-boot to this partition. It's possible to boot from the 2nd partition. Then I have renamed the memtest imgPTN to imgPTN23. After running SWITCH_E2B I'm able to boot memtest and switch back to normal E2B partition.
Then I converted a manjaro-lxqt-18.1 iso to imgPTN23 and tried to boot this one. But I got "unknown filesystem" and a grub prompt.
I checked the iso twice and build a USB stick with YUMI. There everything works normal.
So I guess there ist a problem when converting to imgPTN.
But how to get it work?

Date 14/12/2019

By Steve Si

Subject Re: imgPTN grub unknown filesystem

Manjaro has strange EFI boot files which don't work for FAT32. Please ALWAYS read the 'List of tested ISOs' page - there (in UEFI section) you will find instructions for UEFI with this particular ISO.

Date 26/11/2019

By [email protected]

Subject about payment methods

Hi, how are you? i've been using e2b since 2015 or 2016 if i recall correctly, it was a life saving for me since i always have used a 16gb usb flash disk and space was always always limited and i had to re-flash it with other isos when i needed them. that was until i've read about e2b and whew, no more reflashing.
i was given a 128usb stick from a dear friend and i wanted to give a good try to e2b on this stick and was even more surprised of the capabilities of this software. therefore i wanted to say thank you for your hard work!
Now, the real question. i know how uefi and bios/mbr works. And i wanted to fully exploit the capabilities of uefi and e2b so i want to get the book #3. the thing is: the payment method. i live in venezuela so pay with foreign currency is a (let's just say) a pain in the ass.
Are there other options available? because i really really really want to get that book and study it.
with nothing else to say, i sincerely say thank you and best regards - luis

Date 26/11/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: about payment methods

Most people have a credit card or a bank account or a bitcoin account or friends which have them. Payhip accept CCs and PayPal payments or you can donate the equivalent amount via BitCoin (see donate page) and I will send you a 100% off voucher.
I don't want to start a trend because I would end up giving the entire population of Venezuela loads of free stuff.

Date 14/11/2019

By shapoor

Subject E2B usb doesn't work on some systems.

Hello.
I made an E2B usb drive from a Sandisk Ultra 128GB usb drive. It works perfectly on my old HP laptop but doesn't on newer MSI PC. when I boot E2B drive it shows the following:
"/_ISO/e2b/grub/E2B.cfg is MISSING!"
if I press Enter botton, some texts appears and then a command prompt where I could enter commands like reboot, to reboot the system.
Is there anyway to fix this problem?
any response would be appreciated.

Date 14/11/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: E2B usb doesn't work on some systems.

I haven't heard of this problem for ages - did you update to E2B v1.B7? I think it happens due to grub4dos not liking the way one of the internal disks is formatted. Can you try disconnecting all the internal disks (or disabling them in the BIOS) just to see if the error goes away? Can you give exact details of the Motherboard Model number and the BIOS revision?

Date 14/11/2019

By shapoor

Subject Re: Re: E2B usb doesn't work on some systems.

Thanks for your response.
E2B version:1.77
Motherboard:MSI B85M-E45

I disconnected hard disk from motherboard and the E2B booted. so the problem is the hard disk , which is defective and the installed windows on it doesn't boot and I managed to retrieve some file on it with help from E2B drive and Knoppix.
I wonder is there anyway to boot E2B drive when the hard disk is connected?

Thanks in advance.

Date 14/11/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Re: Re: E2B usb doesn't work on some systems.

v1.77 is very old! Please update to v1.B7.

You said 'I managed to retrieve some file on it with help from E2B drive and Knoppix.' but you also said it won't boot to E2B??? Please explain!

Date 15/11/2019

By shapoor

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: E2B usb doesn't work on some systems.

Thanks for your response.
Sorry it was just a mistake, actually I figured out to retrieve files on the hard disk.
After all I booted into knoppix , E2B drive connected to another PC. Then attached E2B drive back to the defective PC and it booted into knoppix. Then I accessed to the hard disk within knoppix environment. Then I formatted the hard disk then reinstalled Win 7 on it. Now it works. Thanks E2B and knoppix.
I'll update E2B as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help.

Date 30/10/2019

By James Newton

Subject How to make / shrink partitions?

I have a 128GB USB FLASH drive, with files on it and an FS that my cell phone can read (I love that feature). I'd love to make it /also/ boot Ubuntu. I'm trying to follow the instructions on
https://www.easy2boot.com/make-an-easy2boot-usb-drive/noerase/
But I can't figure out how to make the partition smaller, or to add a second partition. In Windows 7 (my primary OS) the Disk Manager doesn't seem to want to allow me to shrink the existing partition. Those options are greyed out. Are their other means of managing the partitions?

Date 30/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: How to make / shrink partitions?

Use EaseUS Home Partition Master (free).

Date 31/10/2019

By James Newton

Subject Re: Re: How to make / shrink partitions?

Tried it, exact same issue. Won't allow me to make any changes other than format, delete, wipe... Other drives, like the actual hard drives in the machine, can all be modified by either, but the USB FLASH drive apparently can not be changed, so I know it's not a permissions issue.

Date 31/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Re: Re: How to make / shrink partitions?

It sounds like that usb drive has a problem. What error messages do you get? Can you re-partition it or erase it? What is on the usb drive?

Date 01/11/2019

By James Newton

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: How to make / shrink partitions?

The USB drive was formatted by my cell phone so I can use it when I'm on the road. It has the standard DCIM folder and I added a "Downloads" folder with some files I wanted to have handy (Installer for Arduino IDE, etc...). Yes, as I said, the options to delete, erase, etc... ARE available and I've done that before and formatted NTFS as recommended, but then the phone won't read it.

Date 01/11/2019

By Steve Si

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to make / shrink partitions?

Well I don't have much to go on. Why do you want to create a 2nd partition? Why not just copy the E2B files to it and install grub4dos?

Does the drive have partitions? if so are they MBR or GPT partitions?
How are the partitions formatted - exFAT? FAT32? etc.
Is there plenty of free space inside the partitions (you obviously can't reduce a partition if there is no free space)?
What does RMPrepUSB - DriveInfo - 0 and P1 show? email me the files to [email protected]
Why don't you wipe, partition and format the drive using Easeus parttion master and put E2B on the first FAT32 partition and see if the phone recognises it.
You can always install an Android NTFS driver (e.g. Paragon NTFS - but I haven't tried it myself).

Date 16/10/2019

By Lootron

Subject UEFI - Only WinToGo

So I have a 'fixed' 920 GB HDD I want to use with E2B, but the system I plan to use is UEFI-only. I also plan to use Win 7 (I realise you have to extract the boot64 from install.wim) I decided on a 80 gb .imgPTN file (Should it be imgPTN23?) Your current WinToGo tutorial works to a certain point. When I use SWITCH_E2B (I'm on Win10), it tells me the files are in the wrong order for UEFI booting and will ask to reorder them. Eventully, it runs out of space. I even re-formatted/re-installed E2B to give it the full capacity of the HDD and it still runs out of space! Is this a nescarry step of your tutorial or does it need to be corrected?

Date 16/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: UEFI - Only WinToGo

Yes. The partitions need to be in the correct order as most UEFI BIOSes will refuse to see/boot from a disk with out of order partitions. This is not mentioned in the UEFI spec. but nevertheless we have to live with it!
The imgPTN file is the smaller file and the one without an extension is the larger file. Do you have them named corrrectly?
Win7 as WinToGo has lots of issues and I don't recommend it.
If you could give details of the exact tutorial you are trying to follow - there are many on the E2B page for WinToGo and also others in my blog and RMPrepUSB site...

Date 16/10/2019

By Lootron

Subject Re: Re: UEFI - Only WinToGo

I followed the tutorial here: https://www.easy2boot.com/add-payload-files/wintogo/

I determined that the larger file was to have .imgPTN. I think the tutorial may need a little touch up. If I do it this way, will I have to reorder them? This whole time I have tried Rufus, WinToUsb, and even the old INSTALLER.cmd in tutorial 47 on RMprep. I just want to say my final goodbyes to Win7 while being able to boot to other windows versions! Thanks!

Date 16/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Re: Re: UEFI - Only WinToGo

When you use SWITCH_E2B it lists the partition start values - as long as these are in ascending order then it should work OK.

Date 15/10/2019

By Me

Subject Sorry 2 be a bother,

I've all around 4 the Latest BugFixed v1.99, But I can't find it. I've looked on several Websites. Please direct me Thanx. I Really like your Program, Thanx

Date 15/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Sorry 2 be a bother,

Just use the current latest version (v1.B6).

Date 15/10/2019

By Me

Subject Re: Re: Sorry 2 be a bother,

I Accidentally Corrupted the Boot Sector I think when I Defragged 3 Non Contiguous iso files, I've followed the instructions on the website. But it's not working, I'm not sure if it's related 2 the BugFix. I guess I'd better start again, I was Trying 2 Avoid it because it amounts 2 More than 80 Linux isos ( mostly Puppy Linuxes ), a Dozen or so Utilities, & a handful of M$ Virus Magnet OSes on a 120 GB USB Flash Dr... ( that's B4 I include a Couple of MacOS X Dmgs & Raspberry Pi aRm imgs that I'm Planning 2 Testes on a 16 GB USB Flash Dr... ;-)K

Date 15/10/2019

By Me

Subject Re: Re: Re: Sorry 2 be a bother,

I'm Sorry again Please Don't misunderstand me, I Mean't I Followed the Repair instructions ( because I'm such a Slow Reader & my comprehension is Often Challenged Unfortunately I eNd Up in these predicaments! ) But again I Do Appreciate your Support, Thanx!

Date 13/10/2019

By Lars

Subject Background Image

Hi,
i use a background image, 800x600.
But there are different Screens, 16:9 and 4:3.
So the image is distorted / cropped. How get i the image always in right size (800x600) ?

Thanks!

Date 13/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Background Image

Well if the bmp\jpg is 800x600 then the BIOS will be outputting 800x600 but the monitor is stretching the signals. Try using the monitor menu settings to see if there is a non-auto zoom mode?
E2B and most BIOSes do not support hi-res 16:9 modes.

Date 11/10/2019

By Me

Subject So far so very good...

Please can I Boot MacOS Dmg installer w/ E2B & if so which Folder do I put the MacOS Dmg installer file in Please?
Similarly, can I Boot Raspberry Pi installer w/ E2B? & Where do I put those files Please?
;-)K

Date 11/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: So far so very good...

Use the SITE MAP to find OS X page.
Not quite sure what you mean about Raspberry Pi Installer? Is this a bootable image or ISO for x86 CPUs?
See also https://rmprepusb.blogspot.com/2019/06/raspberry-pi-3-multiboot-e2b-usb-drive.html

Date 11/10/2019

By Krauter_German

Subject SWITCH_E2B.exe v1.1.26

Hello,
SWITCH_E2B.exe v1.1.26 does not work on newer PC and reports error:
Err.Number=52 Err Description=Bad file name or number
GetPhysDriveNo(Sdrive) Erl=0
PC: AMD X370, Ryzen 1800X, Samsung NVME M.2, WIN10 Pro
On older PCs with Win7 Pro and Win10 Pro it works.
Do you have an idea?

Date 11/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: SWITCH_E2B.exe v1.1.26

Hi
The latest version has a debug feature. Double-click on the red text 'Double-click on a .imgPTN file to switch to the CSM Menu' which is just above the large window. It will tell you where the log file will be stored. Please send me the log file to [email protected] Someone else also reported this issue but I can't reproduce it!
P.S. New version in v1.B7c should fix the issue.

Date 07/10/2019

By Krauter_German

Subject Access Partition 2 on a Removable drive

Hello,
Sandisk extreme Pro 128GB,
Easy2Boot_v1.B6
Partition 1: 60GB, Volume Label: SanDisk
Partition 2: 59GB, Volume Label: Data
Control with RMPrepUSB Strg-O:
1 B Type=07h Start=2048 (visible to Windows) (E2B)
2 Type =07h Start=125829120 (data)
Launch WinContig - Defragment - Contiguous files: 1.130 (E2B)
Use SWITCH_E2B.exe - Access Partition 2 on a Removable drive
Remove Sandisk USB drive and reconnect
Use RMPrepUSB: Volume Label: SanDisk (not data)
1 Type =07h Start=125829120 (visible to Windows) (Data)
2 B Type=07h Start=2048 (E2B)
Launch WinContig - Defragment - Contiguous files: 1.130 (E2B)
Use RMPrepUSB Strg-O-2
Remove Sandisk USB drive and reconnect
Use RMPrepUSB: Volume Label: Data
1 B Type=07h Start=2048 (visible to Windows) (E2B)
2 Type =07h Start=125829120
Launch WinContig - Defragment - Contiguous files: 189 (Data)
It's confusing.
Can you test it to confirm the error?
thanks

Date 07/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Access Partition 2 on a Removable drive

What do you mean by 'Launch WinContig'?
Do you mean run WinContig.exe from Windows?
Why are you switching partitions? Windows 10 can see both partitions - there is no need to switch them. Windows will get confused if you switch partitions - you must remove and re-insert the USB stick each time if you want to do this (but there should be no need).
RMPrepUSB only displays one entry for each drive - e.g. drive 0, drive 1, etc. and shows a 'random' volume label for that drive (because there may be more than one volume but it only shows one volume+label). SWITCH_E2B.exe lists ALL volumes (not drives) and so each volume appears in the dropdown list.

Date 07/10/2019

By Krauter_German

Subject Re: Re: Access Partition 2 on a Removable drive

I mean RMPrepUSB, Drive, Launch WinContig.
I used E2B on Windows 7 with visible data partition.
Under Windows 10 I want to add an Iso.
Then I use RMPrepUSB, Drive, Launch WinContig to make the data contiguous.
But for this I have to change the partitions.
Or do I see it wrong?
Why is there the option: Access Partition 2 on a Removable drive?

Date 07/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Re: Re: Access Partition 2 on a Removable drive

The option to swap partitions is for Win7, 8 and older Win10 systems because they only give a drive letter to the first partition on a Removable USB drive.
The E2B partition contains \MAKE_THIS_DRIVE_CONTIGUOUS (run as admin).cmd - so just double-click it.
If you use Wincontig from RMPrepUSB, it will choose the volume letter that is shown in the RMPrepUSB drive field - this may not be the one you want (Windows will decide on the letter).
To ensure the correct drive letter is used by WinContig, either run the .exe directly and choose which volume you want, or copy the \_ISO\docs\Wincontig folder to the DATA volume and run \_ISO\docs\Wincontig\MAKE_THIS_DRIVE_CONTIGUOUS.cmd as Admin from that volume, or install Defraggler on a Win10 system and just right-click on the file you want to defrag.

Date 04/10/2019

By Tiago Patricio

Subject Run WindowsToGo from a RamDisk

Hello,
First i need to say that you do an excellent job with Easy2boot. It is really an amazing tool and should have much more recognition.

Now, I have been using for some time WindowsToGo VHD/VHDX like on this tutorial: https://www.easy2boot.com/add-payload-files/wintogo/
Would it be possible to Easy2boot/grub4dos create a RamDisk with the VHD and then boot it from the RamDisk?
I understand that i would lose any data on a reboot.

Date 04/10/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: Run WindowsToGo from a RamDisk

A Windows To Go VHD would need to be of the fixed type and at least 15GB in size and would need to contain the boot files and BCD. It would also have to load into memory using grub4dos which would be very slow (on some systems may take 30 minutes or more). There is a .vhdmem file extension which you can try (use v1.B7a or later as I just found a bug in .vhdmem!).

Date 26/09/2019

By Oleh

Subject adding Acronis Image AllInOne with menu.lst to MainMenu

Adding Acronis Image AllInOne with menu.lst to MainMenu

Greetings Steve and others!

I have the image of ATI_2015_v18_ADD_12_AUR_2015_v11.5_BootCD_USB_x86_64UEFI_Ru.ISO.
How can I add its contents to the E2B(v1.B5) main menu not through an .imgPTN image?
This image has a menu.lst file with the following contents:
---------------menu.lst begin-------
color black/brown yellow/brown

timeout 6

title Acronis True Image 2015 v18.0 Build 6525
kernel /ATI2015/1.krn vga=791 quiet
initrd /ATI2015/1.fs

title Acronis Disk Director 12.0.3223
kernel /ADD12/dat5.dat vga=791 quiet
initrd /ADD12/dat4.dat

title Acronis Universal Restore 2015 v11.5 Build 38938
kernel /AUR2015/1.krn vga=791 quiet
initrd /AUR2015/1.fs

title Acronis True Image 2015 v18.0 Build 6525 (x64)
kernel /ATI2015/dat9.dat vga=791 quiet
initrd /ATI2015/dat8.dat

title Acronis Disk Director 12.0.3223 (x64)
kernel /ADD12/dat7.dat vga=791 quiet
initrd /ADD12/dat6.dat

title Acronis Universal Restore 2015 v11.5 Build 38938 (x64)
kernel /AUR2015/2.krn vga=791 quiet
initrd /AUR2015/2.fs

title Reboot
reboot

title Halt
halt
---------------menu.lst end------------------

and this directory structure:

-------image structure begin--------------------
[BOOT]\
ADD12\
ATI2015\
AUR2015\
boot\
boot\grub\
boot\grub\i386-efi\
boot\grub\i386-efi\cfg\
boot\grub\i386-pc\
boot\grub\THEMES\
boot\grub\THEMES\---others files---
boot\grub\x86_64-efi\
EFI\
EFI\BOOT\
[BOOT]\Boot-NoEmul.img
ADD12\dat4.dat
ADD12\dat5.dat
ADD12\dat6.dat
ADD12\dat7.dat
ATI2015\1.fs
ATI2015\1.krn
ATI2015\dat8.dat
ATI2015\dat9.dat
AUR2015\1.fs
AUR2015\1.krn
AUR2015\2.fs
AUR2015\2.krn
boot\grub\grub.cfg
boot\grub\i386-efi\---there are a lot of files---
boot\grub\i386-pc\---there are a lot of files---
boot\grub\THEMES\---there are a lot of files---
boot\grub\UNICODE.PF2
boot\grub\x86_64-efi\---there are a lot of files---
EFI\BOOT\bootia32.efi
EFI\BOOT\bootx64.efi
EFI\BOOT\grubx64.efi
grldr
menu.lst
--------image structure end-------------------

Date 26/09/2019

By SteveSi

Subject Re: adding Acronis Image AllInOne with menu.lst to MainMenu

Are you saying that you added the .ISO file to the \_ISO\MAINMENU folder and tried to boot it in the E2B menu system and it did not work?
If not, did you try the .isomem file extension?

P.S. I have modified E2B v1.B6e Beta - if you use the file extension .isogrub, it should work OK.

You can always simply extract the contents of the ISO to the root of the E2B drive and make a .mnu file from the menu.lst file that is inside the ISO. The \boot and \EFI folders will not be needed and can be omitted.

Date 17/09/2019

By reikred

Subject Boot driveX PartitionY (menu request)

Hi Steve, Can you please expand the F7 "Boot First HDD" functionality to a more general menu that supports "Boot drive X partition Y"? It would be very useful. I already know that I can achieve this task manually by invoking a grub4dos shell (shift-P, enter "easy2boot" as passwd, shift-C to get shell, then enter command "chainloader (hdX,Y)+1", then command "rootnoverify (hdX,Y)", then command "boot"). However manual operations are cumbersome, there is the complication you need map (hdX) (hd0) when X!=0, and perhaps other complications that makes the task somewhat ardous. So an automated system would be much better and more accessible to non-experts.
Bonus points if the "Boot driveX PartitionY" menu has an optional command to generate a list of possibilities that includes useful hints such as fstype, e2label/volname or other indicators/reminders as to what is stored on each partition.
How does that sound?

New comment

There is a LOT of information on this site which should cover all common questions and problems - please use the Site Map to find the page you need.

For specific problems, it is much easier for 1-to-1 communication to use the Contact Me form and I will reply via email.